Dennis P. Jones
Dennis Jones is President Emeritus of NCHEMS, a nonprofit research and development center founded to improve strategic decisionmaking in institutions and agencies of higher education. A member of the staff since 1969, Mr. Jones is widely recognized for his work in such areas as:
- Developing "public agendas" to guide state higher education policymaking.
- Financing, budgeting, and resource allocation methodologies for use at both state and institutional levels.
- Linking higher education with states' workforce and economic development needs.
- Aligning the policy levers available to state government with state goals.
- Developing and using information to inform policymaking
Mr. Jones has written many monographs and articles on these topics, has presented his work at many regional, national, and international conferences, and has consulted with hundreds of institutions and state higher education agencies on management issues of all kinds.
Prior to joining NCHEMS, Mr. Jones served as an administrator (in business and in institutional planning) at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. He received his graduate and undergraduate degrees from that institution in the field of management engineering.